I can’t help but let you in on this little secret–
currently, I’m attending a homebirth.
I’ll give you a few bullets on the experience so far:
- I love my midwife.–she’s also attending this birth, and for me she’s one of those people that I feel like I look at all silly like and think to myself “I wanna be her” at least in a birth way. And then I get all excited and think of the possibilities
- I love birth photography.–and I thought pregnancy photos were fun!!
- dang dog, I’m tired–I hope I sound all hip and cool when you read that, because I imagined it. And lets admit it, the mamma here is a lot more tired.
- herb baths still smell like Italian food.–delicious
- coffee gets me through–well coffee and Jesus. but you can consider that most of the time anyway.
- birth is worshipful.–not a lie. call me crazy. no big deal. it’s true.
That’s all I’ve got! Time to go steep tea, clean up the kitchen, and pray for this mamma as she gets closer to meeting someone she’s got to know so well these past nine months already!